Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) is now selling forms for admission into its School of Post Basic Nursing Programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session. See the requirements and how to apply for LUTH Post-Basic Nursing form below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), School of Post Basic Nursing Programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The Lagos University Teaching Hospital School of Post Basic Nursing was founded more than fifty (50) years ago, following the start of Post Basic Perioperative Nursing training in 1963, Accident and Emergency in 1980, and Paediatric and Ophthalmic Programs in 1996. The school offers twelve (12) month speciality programmes in Post Basic A&E, Ophthalmic, Paediatric, and Perioperative Nursing. So far, the school has trained over 3,000 Specialist Nurses from across Nigeria. Academically, LUTH’s Post Basic Nursing School is well-known for its excellence. It has consistently achieved an 80-95 per cent pass rate in all four programmes during the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria professional qualifying examination since 2016. Our mission statement is to train technically skilled nursing professionals who will provide excellent and qualitative care to patients/clients.
LUTH School of Post Basic Nursing Available Programmes & Duration
- Accident & Emergency Nursing
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Perioperative Nursing
Duration: One Year
LUTH Post Basic Nursing Admission Requirements
- Applicants should possess the RN qualification (with or without RM), five (5) credits in WASC/GCE/NECO/GCE induding English Language, Mathematics and Biology at not more than two sittings.
- Applicants who qualified from 2006 till date should have credit in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- One year post registered nurse qualification and current practising licence issued by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria are mandatory for every applicant.
How to Apply for LUTH Post Basic Nursing Admission
The Application Fee is N10,000.
- Go to the Admission Portal at https://luth.gov.ng/schools and select your preferred school.
- Fill out the Account Creation Form Make sure you provide accurate information and a working email address. Following the creation of your account, you will receive an email with your login information. You will receive instructions on how to make payment, either immediately or later.
- If you want to make a payment right away, a prompt to “MAKE PAYMENT” will appear after you create an account.
- You will be redirected to the Remita website to complete your payment. A Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code, which was generated automatically when your account was created, will be attached. Please be aware that the platform accepts a variety of payment methods.
- Following successful payment, the applicant should go to https://luth.gov.ng/profile, login with the user ID provided in the email, and fill out the Application Form for the desired programme.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST PRINT THEIR COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION BIO-DATA, WHICH IS SENT TO THEIR EMAIL AFTER APPLICATION COMPLETION. SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT THIS DURING THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Closing Date: Six (6) weeks from the date of publication.
Phone Number: 08126843334